Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet Solutions

I was reading in National Geographic today and I learned a sweet little fact about honey. Apparently it works quite splendidly in the healing process when applied to a wound. So next time you scrape your knee, instead of reaching for the antibiotic ointment you can just slather a little honey on your boo-boo!

When I was a wee little girl but not too wee of a girl, Grandpa told me he liked to use honey instead of sugar to sweeten his coffee. I usually just throw some flavored creamer in my coffee but if that's not available I do like to jazz up my coffee with a drizzle of honey. While looking for pictures of honey, I found these cute little honey cubes to add to your cup of coffee or tea.  You can go here to find out more info about these handy little cubes.
 

1 comment:

RosebudWitt said...

And yes, to add on to the bonuses of honey, it is also much better for you than sugar. I only know that because I am not really supposed to have that much sugar, unless I can take a nap shortly after, and the doc told me that if I need a sweetner in the middle of the day, to use honey instead bc it doesn't have the same ill effects as sugar. What a wonder!