Monday, February 9, 2009

Journeying to the Sunshine State

At about 7:45am on February 4th I left the snow covered state of Indiana to make my way to the center of the Sunshine State. I stopped in Clarksville, TN to visit Howard, a friend I met at Eagle Lake. He took me to the Edelweiss Cafe where I thoroughly enjoyed my German cuisine of goulash and spatzle. It was so delicious! This salad was also from the Edelweiss and has primarily only earned a spot on this post because of its looks. If you are ever in Clarksville I highly recommend a trip to the Edelweiss. And while you're there you should be sure to visit the bathroom. There are some lovely golden plagues on the outside of the door that make me chuckle and inside there is a lovely sign (at least in the women's bathroom) that says this: "If you tinkle you sprinkle. Please clean up after yourself for the next customer. Thank You! - Management"

Since I am on the topic of tinkling, I think I ought to share another favorite place from Clarksville. Clarksville is home to Austin Peay State University (Tennessee's fastest growing college!). I found the pronunciation of "Peay" quite humorous as we drove through the campus and I read the numerous banners that declared "Let's go Peay!"

Anyway... I spent about two hours in Clarksville before ending in Athens, GA for the night. I stayed with Natalia, another friend from Eagle Lake. We didn't have much time to do anything since she had class bright and early Thursday morning but it was good to catch up with her on Wednesday night. I arrived in Windermere, FL at about 5:30pm on Thursday.

3 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Thanks for your update. You are right, that college name is quite interesting. Where did they ever get the name I wonder. Glad you are there safe and sound. G.

RosebudWitt said...

I'm thrilled you made here with us safe and sound. Guess what, I just finished doing Wacky Wednesday for today...I'll have to tell you about it at home. Love ya.

Nicole said...

I wondered the same thing, Grandma so that you should have to wonder no more. Austin Peay was a governor of Tennessee.