Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Incredible Edible Egg!

For the majority of my life I have believed in the Incredible Edible Egg - as long as it was of the scrambled breed. In the last year or so my soul has begun to be convicted of this prejudice. I have decided it is high time I gave the other egg varieties a fair chance at becoming an Incredible Edible Egg. Before this time of conviction began, I had tasted eggs of varying ethnicities such as fried and poached. However, I did so with a very narrow mind. I allowed no room in my heart for a love of these egg clans. A renewal of my heart and soul has taken place as I am opening up my heart, taste buds and solar plexus to the varying egg flavors of the world. This open-minded attitude has opened my heart to a new egg love - eggs of the boiled or hard-cooked line. 
To the left is Mr. Egg, lovingly put together by myself and Sophia. Before I began my wandering this semester I babysat for Cameron and Sophia every Friday. They absolutely loved boiled eggs and were always wanting to have one. One day I decided to join Sophia in her boiled egg indulgence. No stars burst forth with my first taste but I knew I had fallen in love when I began craving another boiled egg on our way to ballet. 

That is why I made my first attempt at boiled eggs the other day. Below are my successful guinea pigs. 

There is much more to say on the topic of eggs but it is time for me to depart the world wide web. Be expecting more incredible egg news soon!

Speaking of incredible, here's a bit of trivia for you in closing:

How long has the "Incredible Edible Egg" slogan been around? 

a) 30 years
b) 20 years
c) 10 years



4 comments:

RosebudWitt said...

And you cooked those eggs to perfection. They tasted just wonderful. You are such a talented one.

mmncgrand said...

Great!! You are finally finding a wonder that has been around a long time. I love hard-boiled, soft-boiled, fried,scrambled, creamed - guess that is all the ways I can remember. But any way you want to fix them for me, I will like. Yes, Nicole you are very talented. What are Mark and Rosie going to do when you leave them?

Nicole said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence! Creamed eggs? I think you're going to have to make me some of these when I come see you, Grandma. I've never heard of these things.

RosebudWitt said...

Grandma, you have posed such a good question. I don't know we are going to do without Nicole here. We are used to her being here now that she feels like a mainstay for us. It will be weird when she leaves :(