Sunday, December 28, 2008

All I ever wanted - a Buzzy Tree for Christmas!

This is my Buzzy Christmas tree that Courto gave me for Christmas. I'm pretty much tinkled pink about it. What is now a luscious mound of  rich brown soil started out as a bantam, crusty dirt pellet. After adding some water to my Success Soil pellet I got to watch it evolve into successful, luscious soil you see here. It kind of looked like diarrhea as it was evolving but it was exciting none the less. I'm not sure how big this thing is supposed to get but my instructions are telling me I need to transplant it once it gets 3" tall. Assuming I give this tree the TLC it needs, I will have to show you what it looks like once it reaches full maturity. And I'll probably throw in some update reports and progress snaps. 

I bought a "Quotationary" with some of my gift money and was pleasantly surprised to find a healthy supply of quotes on trees. Here's a Greek saying for you to ponder: "A civilization flourishes when people plant trees under whose shade they will never sit."

1 comment:

RosebudWitt said...

Nicole! THat is great that you got such a lovely present. And I love the way you describe it in such detail, esp the vivid "diarrea" descriptor. You kill me:) Literally, you and Mark are 2 peas in a pod in the way you communicate and what topics you choose to give such detail about. It cracks me up. Love you. Will call you soon.