Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Top-drawer, Adroit Crackerjacks

I really shouldn't be using my time to publish a post right now but I decided to make it a reward for figuring out the topic of one of my final projects so I'm going to do it anyway. 

I thought I would share a few of my new favorite words with you. As I was searching thesaurus.com (which happens to be one of my favorite sites and also the place that helped me come up with my name) I came across these words: crackerjack, adroit and top drawer. Here are your definitions: 

crackerjack -noun 1. a person or thing that shows marked ability or excellence.

adroit -adjective 1. expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body. 2. cleverly skillful, resourceful, or ingenious; an adroit debater

top drawer -noun 1. a person or thing that shows marked ability or excellence.

5 comments:

Deb said...

crackerjacks is a great treat too -something great to snack on, plus a little toy in the box too. Now that I've added to your uselss trivia, GET BACK TO WORK!!

Love you honey!

marcuswitt said...

So, if a person were described as a cracker-jack, is that the same thing as a top-shelf?

Nicole said...

You're right, Mom, crackerjacks are some tasty snacks and the little surprises are quite a joy as well. And yes, Mark, you are also right. So I could expound on my comment and say that you are one top-drawer, adroit crackerjack when it comes to the financial business!

mmncgrand said...

I could say that GRandpa is one crackerjack hunter. You should see the way he hunts out those squirrels.

marcuswitt said...

Nice! Well, I appreciate not only the compliment, but also how to interpret it. And now I have also increased my vocabulary.