Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reverting to a Classic


Last Saturday I went to the Old Colorado City Farmer's Market with Uncle Jerry and Aunt Kathy. There were some ladies selling the widest variety of pasta I have ever seen... all of which looked outstanding! They had tangerine basil, cilantro lime, lavender, chocolate raspberry, and so many more enticing flavors it was hard to pick just one. But despite the difficulty of the  task, I did leave with just one little bag of pasta. Can you guess which flavor?


If you said lavender, you are the big winner! While all the flavors deserve a try, it would have seemed wrong to not first try the lavender pasta. After all, it was in Old Colorado City that I first fell in love with lavender as a delight to the taste buds! 

On Monday, I whipped up my lavender pasta and some chicken with a recipe I got off of Pappardelle's website. While I was at that, Michelle decided to get creative and got some berries and a candle for the centerpiece and added some peppermint garnish to the watermelon. Michelle and I agree that presentation is almost nearly as important as taste!

No comments: