Monday, July 23, 2012

A New Taste Sensation


I like blueberries and I also like basil. However, I would have never thought to eat them at the same time. But someone else did. In fact, they thought about it so much that they decided to make a jam combining these two delightful ingredients. 

Jam is one of those staple ingredients that I had to get stocked in my food pantry shortly after arriving in the Springs. I wasn't feeling very excited about the selections in front of me at Target so we stepped next door to Ross. I was rather dismayed at their small selection and was about to settle for some strawberry rhubarb when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I saw Wild Blueberry & Basil! Now this was something new and exciting. It also sounded a bit disgusting but that only increased my desire to try it out so I snagged it up. 

The other day I opted for a simple supper and grabbed my new jam for a pb & j sandwich. It was certainly the most interesting pb & j I've had in a long time. I haven't decided if the jam is good or bad yet, it's on a trial run right now. I am thinking the peanut butter was not it's best compliment, perhaps it just needs its own platform. I should probably just give it a try on a simple piece of toast with a bit of butter for the base.

No comments: