Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Beautiful Old Bicycle!

Last Friday and Saturday there was a wonderful event called the Buchanan Community Garage Sale. This event is huge, people even take off of work to attend. I was informed of this event the first week I was here at Life Action and was greatly anticipating its arrival! However, when morning came last Friday, things did not look so hopeful for this cherished event. The sky was dark, thunder rumbled, lightening struck and rain poured from the sky! Carrie and I were almost sure there would be no garage sales open so we just went about our business, running a few errands in Buchanan. After finishing up, we noticed the weather had improved a bit and decided to make a little run through town to see if anyone had opened up shop. As we drove up the main thoroughfare we saw a few people walking, armed and ready for a day of garage saling, and our hopes rose! Then we looked to our right and were delighted to see open doors welcoming eager shoppers into their treasure-filled garage!

It was not hard to find and abundance of wonders but the real treasure came right at the end of Carrie and I's shopping extravaganza. At our last stop were two vintage bikes. Ever since I returned from Italy I have dreamed of owning a quaint old bike that I could put a basket on and ride all over town in. After Carrie helped me barter the beautiful vintage bike down to $15, my dream has now become a reality! I could barely wait to take my bike out on a ride and did so as soon as we got home. It was just a short first ride because lightening cut it short. But when the sky cleared up I headed out again and ventured around on country roads for a little over an hour. And let me tell you, it was glorious!


2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

What a bike!! Is that all you found. Hey, when do you work? Did Kurt tell you we talked to him on Sunday at Daniel's graduation open house?

RosebudWitt said...

You continually give me the giggles. I love it my friend. Can't wait to see it live.