Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quite Possibly the Funniest Verses

This morning I read what may be the funniest verses in the entire Bible. Here they are:

II Kings 2:23-24 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

I thought it was hilarious that Elisha was called a "baldhead" but perhaps that's because I don't really understand the meaning of such an insult. However, when Carrie and I looked at StudyLight.org we discovered that "baldhead" merely means "bald". So it kind of seems like Elisha was just a very sensitive guy. I know this is probably not a very good biblical interpretation but at first and second and third reading of these verses I had a good laugh.

1 comment:

RosebudWitt said...

I love you, your personality, and the way you look at life. Brings me much joy to know I am not the only one who is a bit out there at times. No offense :)