Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pray For Wendy

Tomorrow morning, or this morning rather, Mom's cousin Wendy is having surgery. I'm not any where near as informed as I should be on the surgery to be making this post but I felt the need to put out a request and a reminder for you to lift Wendy up in prayer as she goes into her surgery, is in surgery and comes out of surgery. It is my prayer that she will feel an overwhelming sense of God's presence and His peace as she goes into her surgery.  

Wendy headed up to Madison, Wisconsin today and the surgery will be on Thursday morning. She is having surgery on her head and although I can't remember any technical names, I know it is pretty major. She suffers from daily migraines and I cannot imagine how much she must be longing for relief from that. The doctors are hoping that she will be able to go back home after four days. 

If anyone knows more information about the surgery, please share and make up for my lack of knowledge! Otherwise just pray for peace and God's work to be accomplished which hopefully includes a successful surgery and relief from the pain Wendy has been experiencing. 

3 comments:

RosebudWitt said...

Thank you for the reminder Nicole. I appreicate it. I will be praying for her throughout the day and the coming days. Love you.

Deb said...

Mom left a message on my phone and said Wendy came through surgery and is doing fine. I was unable to reach mom when I got off of work to get any further details. Hopefully she'll respond here.

mmncgrand said...

Wendy is doing very well and looking better each day. It is now Sat. Jan. 10th. Her pain is much abated and she is able to more for herself. I have been helping her all I can, braiding her hair helping her clean up, massaging her shoulders and nect, etc. I am glad that we are able to be here to help her. She plans to check out tomorrow, Sunday and then we will be taking her to Rockford to some friends while she recoups. She is suppose to be off work until Mar.