Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'd Rather Be In Smocktown!

I have always been content living on the north side of County Line Road. In fact, I have preferred the fact that I have lived on the north side of County Line for the past ten years. The simple fact of living on the north side of County Line means that I am a citizen of Indianapolis, not Greenwood. For the first time, I had the desire to live on the south side of County Line - 185 years ago. You see, if I would have lived on the opposite side of the road at that time I would not have lived in Indianapolis but I also wouldn't have lived in Greenwood. I would have lived in Smocktown! Smocktown was the original name of Greenwood. Smocktown underwent a name change in 1825 before eventually becoming Greenwood in 1833. You can go to this website to find out the name between Smocktown and Greenwood as well as more history on Smocktown and other Indianapolis suburbs and neighborhoods.

1 comment:

RosebudWitt said...

I love the depth of your great knowledge. And I love that I will get to hear more of that on a daily basis in just 3 weeks :)