Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My New Favorite Place!

On Christmas day Courtney received a card stating that she was the recipient of a personalized,  expense-covered tour of Indianapolis with myself as her tour guide. She probably didn't realize what a treasure she had received until she actually went on her tour this past Saturday. Here is a little rundown of her personalized tour:

Stop #1: The Bean Cup
Stop #2: Boyden's Bakery
Stop #3: Hendricks Park
Stop #4: Henry's On East
Stop #5: Taylor's Bakery
Stop #6: Flowing Well Park
Stop #7: Indiana Medical History Museum

Although each destination, minus Taylor's, was a success, the one that left the greatest impact on my life was 
Boyden's Bakery. It's a small little shop connected to an Italian restaurant off of Meridian and Hanna. This establishment has been there since 1932 which means that it has been there the whole time I have lived in Indy! I am ashamed of the fact that I had not entered its doors until this past Saturday. I have driven past this bakery too many times to count as it is now on my way to church and can be on 
my way to school. 

Courtney and I began to make our amends to the bakery by returning the very next day on our way to church. I am seriously considering stopping in every Sunday to pick up a honey bar or two. The beautiful thing is they are only $. 39! Mmm, I cannot get over these things. 

6 comments:

RosebudWitt said...

This looks delightful. I wish I could have been there. But, then I had this splendid idea. When you are here, and we are working during the day, you could plan little getaways to sites and sounds around here, and we could discover nooks and crannies we have never seen before on the weekends, because if you are finding such wonderful hidden spots in Indy after being there for 8 years or so, who knows the treasures that are here since we've only been here 2 years. Your thoughts?

Nicole said...

Rosie, this is splendid thinking. In fact, I was already planning on seeking out the wonders of your area while I am there. Although I have stated some reservations about the state of Florida, I am working on an enlightened mindset - every place has some great treasure to behold.

RosebudWitt said...

Oh yes, and this place is a wonderland, at least for me. It's a dream come true. It makes me warm and happy inside, to be warm on the outside year round. I love sunny skies.(although it was 50 degrees earlier this week..burrr!) But, I fully understand your reservations about FL, seeing as though you've only been here in the month of August, which quite frankly is not exactly the best month to be here with the warm temps. That's like being in Indy in Feb. I look forward to doing many outdoor activities down here with you. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it, due to my excitment levels. Love you sista.

marcuswitt said...

Hey Nicole, That little bakery does look fabulous! I am glad you found a place you enjoy so much. I likewise love the little hole in the wall establishments. I am glad you are starting to have a more open mind about the state of FL. After coming to see us at the right time of year, it can only help your opinion of the state. Anyway, I love Rosie's idea about finding some hole in the walls down here. I can't wait to see what kind of treasures your research uncovers.

marcuswitt said...

Nicole, not to take away from any future research you will be doing, I think I found the first place we will need to visit. Check out JR's Attic Door in Winter Garden when you have a chance. Let me know if you feel that meets the criteria.

Nicole said...

I checked that place out, Mark. It looks like a real winner!