Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just 7 Days After Christmas!

Merry Christmas 7 days late! I hope everyone had a splendid day! I had a delightful time out in the great state of Colorado in the presence of some lovely people - Mom, Dad, Courto, Matt and Sonya.

We arrived home on Tuesday evening. When we left for Colorado, my room was in utter disarray - I couldn't even sleep in the place because my bed was loaded down with stuff. Within the hour of our return, I was whipping my room back into shape.

After cleaning my room up to a temporarily agreeable state I began making my plan of attack for the rest of my Christmas break. This past semester my life has gotten into a bit of disarray and my room was just a visual of the disorganization I put myself through. So I made myself a list of things I need to get done during break. And then I made a list of habits that I need to establish in my life to help stop the disarray from repeating itself. I'll share my habit list with you and you can ask me how I'm doing on sticking to them.

Habits To Develop/ Redevelop In 2010:
  • Tithing after each pay check
  • Reading up on current world events
  • Praying for country & world - believers
  • Praying for Estery & Rafiki
  • Completing & sending mentor logs after each meeting with Suzie
  • Filing statements
  • Weekly checking bank accounts & credit card
  • Sticking to a budget - SAVING
  • Journaling daily
  • Blogging weekly
  • Calling family members on a regular basis
  • Writing to Grandma W.
  • Sharing the Gospel/ Giving testimony to what God has done and is doing for me
  • Memorizing Scripture
  • Exercising
  • Taking vitamins twice a day
  • Doing my Bible study in the morning
  • Flossing teeth every night
  • Giving people gifts on time
Yesterday Mom and I left to get groceries around noon and came home about seven hours later. Needless to say, we added a few extra quick little stops in to our trip. One of those "quick little stops" was Target. I wanted to get some refills for my planner so I can get my life organized but they were fresh out. So I got some wrapping paper instead. This brings up another area of my life that has gone into utter disarray! Giving gifts - I really shafted some people this year on birthday and Christmas gifts or even just a card - sorry to those of you who were on the receiving end of that. (Just added that to my habit list) But that is going to change this year because I have all my Christmas wrapping needs ready to go. And at a steal of a deal: 15 sheets of tissue paper, 5 gift bags, 16 gift cards and 1 roll of wrapping paper - all for $3.21! Amazing, huh?

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Wow!! you have a lot to do if you keep that list. But, you can do it in God's strength, right? Glad to hear from you dear. Love you.

Nicole said...

That is for certain!