Friday, July 24, 2009

Dining Alfresco


Last Sunday Courto, Danielle and I went on a picnic. We had chicken salad and lemonade in my new glass bottle! And of course we got to use my new picnic basket! It was simply magnificent. However, I will admit to a few flaws. I was the creator of the chicken salad and I chose not to have the chicken diced really small (Courto did the cutting). I wasn't really thinking about how they can be a bit sloppy in a croissant and small pieces help it stay inside better.Plus, it just spreads the chicken goodness around more! The other fault of the chicken salad is that I forgot to put the walnuts in! I made the salad on Saturday afternoon and didn'twant the nuts to get soggy. So I'm not sure what's better... soggy nuts or no nuts. But to make up for my chicken salad mishaps, I did make some pretty good sour cream cookies. 



P.S. Sorry for the sloppy layout. I gave up on Blogger!

7 comments:

RosebudWitt said...

That looks like fun! Love picnics. Going on one tomorrow. Well, sort of. We are going to Silver Springs on Ben's boat and are grilling out there for lunch. Okay, not exactly a traditional picnic, but close enough. Lots of sunblock for me:) Love you.

Nicole said...

Well thanks. Sorry you had to see it right now. I'm getting really annoyed with Blogger because my pictures and text are not lining up! Hope you have fun on your little venture!

mmncgrand said...

Hey, I love the blanket!!! Didn't get to see the basket very well though. It looks like you had a nice sunny day. You are too hard on yourself, I am sure your chicken salad was delicious.

Nicole said...

Thanks, Grandma! I kind of like that blanket myself! The salad was pretty good but it was a lacking a bit.

RosebudWitt said...

I think the layout looks great! Heck, that's why I could never do a blog, I don't have the time or the patience to mess with that. I'd rather just pick up the phone to keep in touch. Maybe some day I'll pick up the blogging skills thing, but I highly doubt it. Plus I wouldn't know what to share that people would care about. I will say though, you are one skilled blogger...just the right mix of everything.

Nicole said...

Thanks, Rosie. But the fact that words and sentences have been massacred doesn't bother you at all?

RosebudWitt said...

No, it doesn't bother me one bit.