Thursday, May 28, 2009

Feeding My Obsession

Last summer while in Colorado Springs I visited this delightful coffee house called Agia Sophia. There are many reasons why Agia is delightful such as their location in Old Colorado City, their quaint, peaceful atmosphere and interesting books but what really sparked my love for Agia Sophia was their lavender flavoring. I had never before seen lavender flavoring and thought I ought to try it out. Little did I know that the moment I took the first sip of my iced lavender latte, an obsession with lavender had also been swallowed. 

Since that time I have acquired lavender lotion, incense sticks, tea, an eye pillow, linen spray, soap, bubble bath and a lavender plant! My taste buds have relished the experiences of lavender in water, bread, salad, a smoothie, chocolate and shortbread. Oh, and I got to clean with lavender scented pledge! 

As you can see, I do love lavender. However, I have decided that herbs in general are simply fantastic. Therefore I have decided to start an herb garden. 































Along with an indoor and outdoor lavender plant, I am also now in the business of nurturing the following herbs: chocolate mint, peppermint, oregano, pineapple mint, lemon balm and thai basil. The chocolate mint, lemon balm and of course the lavender have an absolute heavenly scent! I just love my little herb babies!

2 comments:

RosebudWitt said...

I love your obession. What the heck is an eye pillow?

mmncgrand said...

Rosie you haven't lived until you have used an eye pillow. This is for people like me that can't sleep with light in the room. You just put this pillow across your eyes and you snooze on. I love lavender too Nicole.