Sunday, November 23, 2008

My First Post!

Let's see here, what to write... I have been chomping at the bit to get this blog started and now that I have it, I don't know what to write. Darn. I suppose I could start off explaining why I have even created this blog.

The thought of having a blog has run in and out of my mind a couple of times in the last couple of years, thanks to Nealy suggesting it and thereby starting the chase. When she mentioned it, I thought it sounded interesting but wondered what the heck I would write about. Something that just recently got the blog idea running at a frantic pace in my mind was a point that was made in my Bible study on the life of Moses.

In Exodus 18: 7-12 Moses shared with Jethro, his father-in-law all the things that God had done for the Israelites in leading them out of Egypt. Moses' testimony quite likely led Jethro to a saving knowledge and belief in God. We talked about how important it is as Christians to give testimony not only to how God brought us into a relationship with Him but also to what He is doing in our lives now that we are in a relationship with Him.

If I am truly in a relationship with this great God of the Universe, I'd better have some stories to tell about the adventures I have with Him. I thought a blog would be a great way to share these stories with those I care about but don't get to see or talk to very often.

As you can see, the major inspiration behind this blog is to share what God is doing in my life. My testimonies will take up a great deal of the subject matter but I'm still leaving room to share the useless random oddities of life that give me so much enjoyment.

I think Courtney will especially appreciate my blog because she will be able to tune me out or just shut me off without me grousing at her when she gets tired of my ramblings. You're welcome in advance, Courtney!

Now that you have a brief history of why this blog was created, get zipped up for some excitement!

4 comments:

Matt and Sonya said...

Hey Nicole! How exciting that you have joined the blogging world! We are so proud of you and look forward to hearing more of what God is doing in your life via blog :) I hope you do better than me at keeping up with it. May I share a tip to keep you focused on sharing your wisdom and experiences regularly? Ready? Here it is: "Don't get a job!" ha ha. Love you!!! Can't wait to see on you on Thursday!!!!

mmncgrand said...

Hi Nicole! I am very excited to get the chance to check out your blog. And I am excited to get to here all of the things God is doing in your life via your blog. I also have full expectations of experiencing great laughter and entertainment while checking this thing out. Can't wait to see you! Love you, Rosie
P.S. I couldn't find a place to select anonymous, so I am using Gma Johnson's ID thing.

mmncgrand said...

Hi Sweetie!! I too am very excited that you are doing this. I love hearing your God stories as you know. Keep up the good work honey as you serve Him in this blog.

Love ya, Grandma

Nicole said...

Thanks for the posts, I'm glad to have a few supporters! I'll try my best, Rosie, to provide some good entertaiment!